How to create a post
Create a post to share your knowledge, opinions and insight and to showcase your expertise.
Here's how to create a post:
- Login to the community.
- Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the orange banner:
- Only Contributors have the ability to post in the community. If you would like to post, and don't see the pencil icon then please get in touch with us and we can update your profile.
- Choose a content type - click on post:
- The post comprises of the Title, Introduction and the Content – all of which must be completed. Select an appropriate Channel, e.g. Behind the Paper or News.
- Add a poster image, which will be displayed at the top of the post, on the homepage, and in any social media sharing. Images less than 1MB work best.
- You can add photos by clicking on the image button, add as many as you like!
- You can add a video from any video hosting website, such as YouTube, by clicking on the video button and copying and pasting the embed code.
- Add hyperlinks by clicking on the link button.
- You can save a draft by clicking Save Draft and then return to the post later by clicking on My Posts in your avatar menu (underneath your photo). You will see a list of all your posts (drafts as well as published) and an Edit button next to each one.
- When you are ready to post, click Publish – but make sure to have selected today’s date, or the post will appear out of order on the homepage.
The post is now live on the Community site - congratulations!